Tour of Appomattox: September 2 - 4, 2023, with Hessler/Spaugy Action Travel
The Appomattox campaign, fought by General Ulysses Grant and the Army of Potomac against Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia, led to the ultimate surrender of Lee’s army and the effective end of the Civil War. Join us as we relive this legendary campaign and the final days of Grant and Lee’s armies with renowned historian Patrick Schroeder. Pat is the historian at Appomattox Court House National Historical Park and has written or published more than 20 Civil War books. Patrick’s two-day tour will include: Namozine Church, Sailor’s Creek, Farmville, Clifton House, Appomattox Court House, Lee-Grant April 10 meeting, Stacking of Arms/Salute Site, and much more! (Tour stops subject to change.)
- Friday 9/1/23: Recommend arrival.
- Saturday 9/2/23 – Sunday 9/3/23: Campaign tour led by Appomattox Court House NPS Chief Historian Patrick Schroeder. Tour starts on Saturday morning; see starting point BELOW.
- Monday 9/4/23 (Labor Day): Depart.
- We do not have a hotel rate for FRIDAY NIGHT.
- We have a block reserved for SATURDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHTS at:
As in past Hessler-Spaugy excursions, we will carpool caravan-style.
We ask for $350 per person deposit ($600 per household couple) from you to cover the guide and program expenses.
It promises to be another epic Hessler Spaugy adventure, and we hope to see you there!